Restraining Orders in Northampton
Legal Defense in Western Massachusetts for Harassment Orders
If you have been charged with domestic violence or a related offense, it is very likely that a restraining order or harassment order will be filed against you. Also known as a protective order, the purpose of a restraining order is to keep you from contacting or coming in close proximity to the alleged victim. Not only can this alter your life negatively, but it can be incredibly inconvenient, especially if you are prevented from returning to your home.
Has a Restraining Order Been Filed Against You?
At The Law Offices of Jesse Adams, Attorney Adams can help if you have had a protective order filed against you. It is essential that you hire an experienced Northampton criminal defense attorney to represent you. Our firm understands the problems which can arise out of having a restraining order taken out against you. Not only can this affect the outcome of your criminal case, it can affect any existing family law case.
- If a restraining order is filed against you, you could be affected in the following ways:
- You will not be able to contact the alleged victim
- You may not be able to see your children (if shared)
- You may not be able to return to your shared home
- It will show up on your permanent record
- There are several different types of restraining orders, including:
- Domestic violence restraining order
- Civil harassment restraining order
- Temporary restraining order
- Emergency protective order
- Permanent restraining order
Northampton Attorney Jesse Adams Fighting for Your Rights
At our firm, Jesse Adams proudly represent clients from Northampton, Hampshire County, and throughout Western Massachusetts. With a decade of experience, he has handled many cases involving both harassment and restraining orders. You can count on him for compassionate, client-focused representation.
Get started now with a free case consultation with Northampton criminal defense attorney Jesse Adams. Give our office a call at 413.585.9200.