Highly Respected Lawyer Representing the Accused in Franklin, Hampden, & Berkshire Counties
Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC has been representing clients in criminal defense cases for over 16 years. Attorney Jesse Adams has a reputation as a highly skilled and trusted legal resource for the criminally accused, and he is well-known in the community as an aggressive and strategic criminal defense lawyer. Attorney Adams is respected by judges, prosecutors, probation officers, and court staff, and he provides persuasive advocacy to help you get the best deal possible. No matter what you are charged with, Attorney Adams can help you.
Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC has key assets that can be critical to the success of your case, including:
- More than 16 years of proven courtroom experience
- A career exclusively in defense
- A reputation for zealous, persuasive representation
- Thorough investigation and research
- Personalized counsel from start to finish
- 24/7 accessibility and open communication
Don’t succumb to criminal charges without a proper fight. Attorney Adams has only ever been on the defense side of litigation, so you can trust that he is personally and professionally committed to the rights and experiences of defendants. Schedule a free consultation with Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC to learn more about how the firm can help.
The Law Offices of Jesse Adams can represent you before a magistrate during a show-cause hearing, where the court will determine if there is probable cause that you have committed a crime. It is vital that you have solid representation on your side, protecting your rights, during this important hearing.
Every case is different and every person charged with a crime is different. Whether you want to get the best deal possible and move on with life, or if you want to fight, you are the boss. After a thorough review, we fight for whatever our clients choose.
Our client representation is not only skilled and aggressive, it is also persuasive. This is how we give great, effective trial representation or get you the best plea deals no matter what you are facing. Our clients know that we are always on their side and their best interests are our top priority.
When you hire a defense lawyer, you need someone who will be there for you in court, on the phone, and in your life. Good communication helps you know what to expect and reduces anxiety. We can meet on the weekends and we can help you when you’ve lost your license and can't come to us.
You need someone who is well-known in the community, and respected by all court staff, judges, prosecutors, court officers, and more. Our good reputation casts you in a good light.
What Does a Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
A defense attorney is a legal professional who serves as a critical advocate for individuals facing criminal charges. Their primary duty is to provide support and legal representation to their clients throughout the legal process.
To begin, defense attorneys conduct comprehensive investigations into the charges against their clients. They meticulously review the prosecution's evidence, looking for weaknesses or inconsistencies. Additionally, they may interview witnesses, gather supplementary evidence, and formulate a strategic defense plan tailored to the specific case.
During a trial, defense attorneys are at the forefront of protecting their clients' rights. They skillfully cross-examine witnesses, challenge the validity of evidence presented by the prosecution, and present their own evidence and arguments to create reasonable doubt about their clients' guilt. Their ultimate goal is to secure an acquittal or negotiate favorable plea agreements when appropriate.
Beyond the courtroom, defense attorneys provide invaluable legal counsel to their clients. They explain the legal process, potential consequences, and available legal options, empowering clients to make informed decisions about their cases. Moreover, defense attorneys vigilantly safeguard their clients' constitutional rights, including the right to a fair trial and the right to legal representation.
In essence, a defense attorney's role is to be an advocate, dedicated to protecting their clients' interests and ensuring that justice is served throughout the legal proceedings.
Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC defends clients against a range of criminal charges, including drunk or drugged driving (“OUI”). Under Massachusetts’ OUI law, it is illegal for a driver to operate a motor vehicle in any public place while possessing a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or more (.02% or more for drivers under the age of 21) or while under the influence of intoxicating alcohol or drugs. As a result, it is quite possible for a driver to be charged with OUI even if their BAC level is below the legal threshold, if there is reason to believe they have been so impaired by substances that they are endangering the lives of other drivers or pedestrians.
OUI is penalized based on the number of prior convictions the driver has:
- First offense: Up to 2.5 years in jail; $500-$5,000 in fines; one year of license revocation
- Second offense: 60 days to 2.5 years in jail (minimum of 30 days); $600-$10,000 in fines; two years of license revocation
- Third offense: 180 days to 2.5 years in jail or two to five years in prison (minimum of 150 days); $1,000-$15,000 in fines; eight years of license revocation
An important element of OUI arrests is the field sobriety test (FST). These are roadside balancing and coordination tests administered by law enforcement to determine whether or not to arrest someone for an OUI. There are several types of FSTs, such as the one leg stand test, the walk and turn test, and the horizontal gaze and nystagmus test.
Drivers are not obligated to agree to any type of field testing, such as walking in a straight line. Attorney Jesse Adams advises arrested drivers against doing any tests because these results can further incriminate them. Furthermore, these tests are not 100% reliable. Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC can help drivers deal with the consequences of turning down an FST and get them safely back on the road.
Attorney Adams also defends clients against violent crime accusations.
Violent crimes encompass a variety of criminal offenses, including:
- Assault and battery: “Assault” refers to a threat of some type of violence, not necessarily actual bodily contact; “battery" refers to the actual violent physical contact a person makes without the other person’s consent
- Strangulation or suffocation: Intentionally applying substantial pressure on the throat or neck of another person to cut off their circulation of blood or breathing (strangulation) or intentionally blocking another person’s nose or mouth to interfere with their circulation of blood or breathing (suffocation)
- Domestic violence: Causing or attempting to cause physical harm; placing another person in fear of imminent serious physical harm; or causing another to engage in sexual relations by threat, force, or duress when the alleged victim is a household or family member
- Attempted murder: Performing an overt act to commit murder that comes reasonably close to actually completing the murder and doing so with a specific intent to kill
Violent crimes are one of the most serious categories of criminal charges, so it is advisable to consult an experienced lawyer about next steps following a criminal accusation.
Protect Your Rights with an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
When facing criminal charges, it is crucial to have a skilled and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney by your side. At Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC, we have a proven track record of successfully representing clients in criminal cases in Franklin, Hampden, and Berkshire counties. With our extensive experience and dedication to protecting our clients' rights, you can trust us to provide aggressive and effective legal representation.
Why choose us as your criminal defense attorney:
- Experience: Our team has years of experience handling a wide range of criminal cases, from misdemeanors to serious felonies. We understand the complexities of the legal system and know how to build a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific situation.
- Personalized Approach: We believe in providing personalized attention to each client. We take the time to listen to your concerns, understand your goals, and develop a legal strategy that best serves your interests.
- Strong Advocacy: We are dedicated to fighting for your rights and protecting your interests. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and aggressive litigators who will vigorously advocate for you throughout the legal process.
- Spanish-Speaking Representation: We understand that language barriers can complicate legal matters. That's why we offer Spanish-speaking representation for those who speak Spanish or English as a second language. We want to ensure that you fully understand your rights and options.
Don't face criminal charges alone. Contact Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC today to schedule a consultation and let us provide the skilled representation you need. Whatever criminal charges you are facing, we can help you devise a persuasive legal defense to get you out of your dilemma. The firm can help you argue for the best plea deal available, prove a case for mitigated charges, or even craft a compelling argument for dismissed charges, depending on the facts of your case.
We do not handle the following:
- Gun License Appeals
- Gun Application/Revocations
- Speeding Tickets
- Post-Conviction Work
- Civil Forfeiture
Let a reputable and highly skilled criminal defense lawyer handle your case. Contact Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC for a free consultation.