DEFENSE. ADVOCACY. COMMUNICATION.
24/7 Advice & Availability When You Need it Most
Northampton Restraining Order Attorney
Legal Defense in Western Massachusetts for Harassment Orders
If you have been charged with domestic violence or a related offense, it is very likely that a restraining order or harassment order will be filed against you. Also known as a protective order, the purpose of a restraining order is to keep you from contacting or coming in close proximity to the alleged victim. Not only can this alter your life negatively, but it can be incredibly inconvenient, especially if you are prevented from returning to your home.
Has a Restraining Order Been Filed Against You?
At Jesse Adams Law Firm LLC, Attorney Adams can help if you have had a protective order filed against you. It is essential that you hire an experienced Northampton criminal defense attorney to represent you. Our firm understands the problems which can arise out of having a restraining order taken out against you. Not only can this affect the outcome of your criminal case, it can affect any existing family law case.
If a restraining order is filed against you, you could be affected in the following ways:
- You will not be able to contact the alleged victim
- You may not be able to see your children (if shared)
- You may not be able to return to your shared home
- It will show up on your permanent record
There are several different types of restraining orders, including:
- Domestic violence restraining order
- Civil harassment restraining order
- Temporary restraining order
- Emergency protective order
- Permanent restraining order
How to Fight a Restraining Order in Massachusetts
A restraining order is an important legal order that can dramatically affect the rights of individuals. If you have been served with a restraining order in Massachusetts, it's important to understand your rights and options for defending yourself.
The best way to do this is by speaking with an experienced criminal defense attorney who can help you fight the allegations against you. Your lawyer will review the allegations made against you and then discuss the options available to defend yourself.
Depending on the specifics of your situation, there are several potential strategies that may be available:
- You may be able to challenge the evidence submitted as part of a restraining order request. Our Northampton restraining order attorney can identify any flaws or inconsistencies in the opposing party’s claims and use them to your advantage.
- Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to negotiate an agreement with the opposing party in order to avoid a court hearing. This is often done when both parties can agree to follow certain rules and restrictions without going before a judge.
- If you believe that the restraining order was filed for improper reasons, such as harassment or intimidation, our legal team can use this argument against the restraining order request.
- You may be able to present evidence of your innocence and refute any allegations made against you during a hearing or trial. We will provide representation and advise on how best to do this in order to protect your rights and interests.
If you have been served a restraining order in Northampton, contact us today at (414) 928-8840 and let our firm protect your rights and freedom.
Read What Our Clients Say
“He was in my corner the whole time, got me a big win and my life back. He is amazing.” - CJ
“He is the best defense attorney out there.” - JA
Northampton Attorney Jesse Adams Fighting for Your Rights
At our firm, Jesse Adams proudly represent clients from Northampton, Hampshire County, and throughout Western Massachusetts. With 15 years of experience, he has handled many cases involving both harassment and restraining orders. You can count on him for compassionate, client-focused representation.
Get started now with a free case consultation with Northampton criminal defense attorney Jesse Adams. Give our office a call at 414-928-8840.